I am not finding it easy at all to get the reporting I need out of ClickUp. I have two use cases that I'm trying to make work:
1) I've started planning several phases of work out inside of ClickUp, playing around with the dates, etc. and now I want to get that information back out of ClickUp, preserving an understanding of the task/subtask hierarchy so that I can format it in a nice table/timeline to send to the client.
2) I've got a mix of work that I want to report back to the client, including both "here's the work that's been completed between X and Y dates" and "here's the work that is in progress and/or planned for the next sprint". Some of these are in tasks, and some of these are in subtasks.
I can export my entire account, and then go through the effort of filtering out everything that isn't this client...but that doesn't show date completed or subtask hierarchy. Similarly, I _think_ that the "Worked On" report should allow me to see all of the tasks for a project/list, assuming that anything has been done with the status? but again, the poor organization of this information and the lack of attaching subtasks to their parents in the report or preserving any of the natural ordering information means that I need to spend way too much time to piece things back together from this export.
I can use the "completed" report and I guess that's okay...but I'm not happy that I have to do so much cleanup just to extract the progress information I'm actually looking for.
I really want to be able to:
1) create something that looks a lot like the list view but exports into a neat grid, with columns that I can specify (and excluding unnecessary ID and other extra fields that I don't need for my purpose). I want to be able to include custom fields as well.
2) I want to be able to see what I'm getting before I export it!
3) I want to preserve all of the task hierarchy information in the view and export
4) I want to be able to include the "date closed" field in this
5) I'd like to just have an "everything" report option that allows me to report out every task isolated to a particular project with the options above. I don't know whether to trust "Worked On" to give me what I need.