In other tools we can define required fields for each status of a task (the analogy is the Hubspot CRM piplines). Basically there is a popup when you change the status of a task and asks you for the required (custom) fields.
This is extremely valuable for certain processes and can increase data quality a lot. For example if you want to
- move a deal to a certain status, it needs to have a $ amount.
- submit a holiday approval request, it needs to contain a start / end date
- If you want to close a marketing campaign task, you need to label its success on a level of 1-5.
- If you want to close a bug report, it needs to contain a link to a github pull request.
- If you want to save a customer image in the image list, it needs to contain a source description and licence.
You can explain a team that these things are needed 1000 times, but making them required is soo much more efficient.