I have several takeaways from this discussion.
1) Admins should be able to lock views per space if they choose so now one else can change the required views for the entire space. Related to that...
2) If we so choose users/people should be able to change their OWN default views without affecting the global setting for a space and then be able to revert to the default view(s) for a space if they choose.
3) Custom views (this is my add-on) should be allowed in required views for a space. This is important to me (and possibly others) so you can change things like the sort order by status in say a List view and make that the new default (or maybe you can just change the required views sort settings if that is easier).
4) In required views for a space allow labels.
5) Remove the List view requirement for all spaces because you might want to create say a space that has ONLY a Doc Page view (we are looking at this) and having a List view in a Doc only space would be weird.
6) ADDED - For each view type (or custom view) you should be able to create a default view for the entire space and also the folder (less important) that can be overridden. This should include column layouts, any custom fields in layouts and the sort orders (specifically by status, etc).
I'll add more in here later if something else comes to me.
https://docs.clickup.com/clickup-2-0/required-views @Chris Moore
Very probably this would be our take: Besides the required List View, we would appreciate to be able to set up a Default View also on a Space and Folder (not only on a List) Level.
@Hendrik Mo: I think this makes most sense. Set them at a higher level. And maybe a long press or double click will make a view persistent for all folders and lists.
I actually have to add that it is very weird that the created views are per default shared with your team (which is fine), but that team members can completely change that view. So, a board view grouped by Status could be a board view grouped by assignee on the next visit. Completely unexpected. I would expect that I set up a view which individually can be changed, but which does not change mine or any others view.
@Hendrik Mo Same thoughts here. In 1.0, that didn't happen. I was trying to setup my team member's ClickUp to re-orient regarding 2.0 and then when I went back to my desk, I was shocked to know that it was updated on my end too. So whoever changes anything in that view gets shared with the others as well. It's frustrating
So glad to see you're coming up with a solution to this issue!
Even though List View is taking more prominence in ClickUp 2.0, we will still continue to use Board View as our focus. Both our team and all our clients prefer it.
In fact, Board View (and the ability to switch seamless to List View for those who want), is the VERY REASON we first got interested in ClickUp, as Trello, Asana, and Basecamp don't have this elegant feature (being able to switch seamlessly between the two views).
So thank you for coming up with something for us Board View lovers! :)
"In fact, Board View (and the ability to switch seamless to List View for those who want), is the VERY REASON we first got interested in ClickUp, as Trello, Asana, and Basecamp don't have this elegant feature"
Same story here.
@Chris Moore: Same, much prefer Board view over List.
@Xan Bertison: Exactly. Yes.